Cooperative Computing is seeking to fill DevOps Engineer positions. The candidate will support our clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape. This includes: working with our Solution Architects when interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state; working with our Solution Architects leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans; and working with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
The Devops Engineer must have expertise with Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As DevOps Engineer, you will design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project, and share knowledge of IaaS, API Gateway, Automation and Big Data. As a part of our vision and innovation the Cloud Services team will help our organization adopt Cloud native solutions. This key role will work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction. To be successful in this role the candidate must have deep knowledge cloud technologies and align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project
- Work with business stakeholders and senior architects to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Utilize automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Develop unit tests, configure tools, write build scripts for the VA Enterprise Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant DevOps experience in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture
- Must have travel documents and willing to travel on client requests.
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience with agile and DevOps model
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, Azure PowerShell