Cooperative Computing is seeking to fill DevOps Engineer positions.
- The candidate will support our clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technology landscape.
- working with our Solution Architects when interviewing clients to understand application and infrastructure current state; working with our Solution Architects leading client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans; and working with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
- The DevOps Engineer must have expertise with Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- As DevOps Engineer, you will design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project, and share knowledge of IaaS, API Gateway, Automation, and Big Data.
- As a part of our vision and innovation, the Cloud Services team will help our organization adopt Cloud native solutions.
- This key role will work with business stakeholders and senior leaders to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction.
- To be successful in this role the candidate must have deep knowledge cloud technologies and align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes, analyze client workflow, and determine the best solutions for a successful project
- Work with business stakeholders and senior architects to deliver on complex, enterprise-level initiatives that are a part of the company's overall strategic direction
- Assist Cloud Architects to provide operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Utilize automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solution for AWS for Windows and Linux servers
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Develop unit tests, configure tools, write build scripts for the VA Enterprise Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant DevOps experience in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture
- Must have travel documents and willing to travel on client requests.
- Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- One or more Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications
- ITIL certification or experience with ITIL
- Active clearance for Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Experience with agile and DevOps model
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, CloudFormation, AWS CLI, Azure PowerShell