The Senior Software Engineer (Back-End) role will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining core pieces of back-end functionality for a highly scalable multi-tenant service, including building key distributed systems components like bookings, throttling, permissions, tracking, certification, and encryption, largely using AWS cloud environment application deployment
- Designing and implementing core back-end service features after clearly documenting design choices for successful deployment,
- Providing appropriate test coverage unit, integration, and performance for feature ownership area,
- Providing adequate service level logs and metrics to make features operational for cloud service setup,
- Being an outstanding leader and mentor. Training, developing, and nurturing junior programmers on technical and organizational skills,
- The building of processes that help produce reliable and consistent outcomes.
Successful candidates in this role will have educational qualifications in Computer Science or related fields, 3-5 years of experience with back-end and web-based technologies, and will lead with a number of core competencies, including:
- Gain a solid understanding of the entire system architecture.
- Highlight areas in the system which need to be more scalable and religiously follow a scalable approach while setting up infrastructure or when coding.
- Having a solid knowledge of AWS architecture and products in order to opt for the best-tailored solutions for the business.
- Strength in Node JS, DB design, and analysis.
- Expertise in Angular, HTML/CSS.
- Development experience with Apache, Postgres, MySql, or similar tools as well as a good command of source control (Git, SVN) and understanding of defect tracking systems.
- Experience with Ajax and working with RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud stack
- Experience with Angular 2+ and React
- Experience with ORM frameworks like TypeORM, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience with coding test cases
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional, remote teams, and demonstrate problem-solving skills