1. To create, proofread and modify the content for writers, employers, or the audiences in general.
2. Making sure that documents are grammatically correct, readable and correspond with the brand image and target the audience of the company.
3. Copy Editor is to make sure ‘style manuals’ for the company are used in the choice of words, voice and formatting.
4. Must be able to follow strict deadlines and be extremely meticulous in identifying and correcting small errors in punctuation, spelling or grammar.
5. Must be able to research information presented in articles to make sure facts, names and statistics are correct and current.
6. Communicate within the company with creative directors or other interested parties via email, telephone calls, or in person
7. Conduct extensive research and interviews to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date
8. Proofread text and edit text at various stages of the writing process and in response to feedback from writers or creative directors
9. Engage readers with informative, entertaining, and educational copy
10. Understand and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company in writing style
11. Inform readers on the features of products using accurate and current information
12. Produce email marketing copy for products or services using promotional language designed to motivate
13. Keep abreast of trends in content and style reflected on various popular social media channels
QUALIFICATIONS FOR COPY EDITOR:
1. 1 year of copy editing experience preferred
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
3. Thorough knowledge of media production and communication
4. Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text
5. Willingness to collaborate with a the creative team of writers, graphic designers, and others
6. Strong computer processing skills, especially Microsoft Office
7. Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as libel and plagiarism
8. Mastery of spelling, grammar and punctuation errors and the ability to make constructive suggestions