SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER JDs
Combines marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance company social media presences, including interacting with customers, promoting brand-focused interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for revenue. Works with social media team members to create innovative social media campaigns. Work with other creatives in the company, like marketing, public relations etc. to coordinate their campaigns with other initiatives within a company work to fit in to the overall marketing and promotional goals of the organization. Looks for the latest trends online, making sure that they are keeping up with public shifts in media attention. Social media managers are responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for a business’s social media sites. This includes blogging, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers.
- Creating high-quality original written and visual content for a social media campaign.
- Running company social media advertising campaigns.
- Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
- Monitoring company brand and building brand awareness on social media.
- Able to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
- Responding to comments on social media.
- Creates marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various company department members, including advertising, product development, and brand management
- Provides training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies
- Collects customer data and analyses interactions and visits, plus uses this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
- Reports progress to senior marketing management
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
- Performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals
- Setting specific objectives and reporting on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Work with internal stakeholders
- Manage change and adopt social media into your organizational culture
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation.
- Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve corporate marketing goals
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams
- Analyse the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan
Internal Relations: Social Media Team, Marketing Department, Graphic designing department
External Relations: Clients, Social Media Users
- Strategy planning.
- Tactics and execution.
- Community management.
- Understand how content works on a social web.
- Optimizing content and technology.
- Creative mindset.
- Writing skills.
- Be on top of the latest digital marketing trends.