Software team - Full Stack Developer
Expected start date: ASAP (position is open if you can still read this)
Positions open: 02
Experience required: Will prefer 2+ years of relevant experience
Salary package: Competitive
Location: This position will be based out of our Islamabad office (G-11 Markaz) in Pakistan
Cowlar (Pvt) Ltd is a subsidiary of Cowlar Inc. (USA). We are a venture-funded / award-winning rapidly accelerating start-up delivering complex engineering solutions in Machine Learning & all things related to the Internet of Things (IoT). Our team pushes the boundaries of state-of-the-art in Machine Learning & Rapid IoT solution/product development with an aim to achieve excellence using engineering best practices & with a Silicon Valley mindset to develop things that disrupt industries. We care about our culture & our people above all else. We’re looking for like-minded people who understand our mission and are willing to become part of the journey.
We’re looking for people who are not afraid of learning something new, who can read docs, watch tutorials and teach themselves quickly. We’re looking for people who can write clean code. You must be familiar with agile development and reporting requirements. The ideal candidate should be self-driven and motivated. We want to work with people who realize their own potential and can execute quickly. We do not compromise on quality and your role should be to maintain the already excellent software development best practices being used at our organization.
- Design & develop web applications using the latest and most advanced software tech stacks
- Have an understanding of how world-class enterprise software development is done.
- Development of Middleware / integration(s) with other platforms
- Will prefer prior work experience on PHP, Laravel, Python etc.
- Development of Middlewares, API integration (REST or GraphQL), proper code structures, understanding unit & e2e testing, code coverage, linting etc.
- Test & debug software applications in Chrome or VS code
- Create high-quality design documents
- Participate in key design meetings/discussions
- Promote our work culture of freedom, responsibility & dependability
- Must have prior work experience as a Full Stack developer
- Strong Mathematical skills are required
- Should have experience with Charting libraries (D3 Charts, highcharts etc)
- Should have experience working with themes or custom development
- Have good knowledge of databases (MySQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, POSTGRES)
- Experience in integration of various packages (NPM)
- Must be able to write clean, test-driven, easily maintainable, modular code
- Must be able to design, build and maintain REST APIs
- Will prefer experience with GraphQL
- Be able to use Jira or similar software for bug tracking
- Be able to use GIT and collaborate with team projects (we use Bitbucket)
- Must be able to use SourceTree software for Git operations
- Knowledge of front end tech (Bootstrap, Web Pack, CSS, will prefer Less/Sass know-how)
- Strong DevOps skills (Bash scripting skill is important, Docker is Must, Ansible preferred)
- Understand how deployments are done via docker (will prefer if you have worked on k8s)
- Strong knowledge of Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Will prefer good Linux console skills (bash scripting)
- Should know how to write test cases, create deployment pipelines, etc.
- Knowledge of MQTT, Web Sockets, Real-time communication, Caching, PWA, service workers)
- Understanding of Authorizations / Authentication / RBAC in modern web apps
- Understand software security and how TLS, SSL certificates, and access tokens work
- Understanding of data Visualizations & analytics
- Understand how to make projects successful and redirect resources to focus on that
- Will prefer experience with payment gateway integrations (Paypal, Stripe, etc)
- Will prefer experience with integrating SMS (Twilio), Email (Mailgun / MailChimp), CDN integration, Google maps integrations, D3 Charting / using charts to build modern web applications, 2FA integration, slack integration, Push Notifications,
- Will prefer the experience of deploying web servers (Nginx, Apache, Traefik, Caddy, etc)
- Understanding of microservices and splitting monolithic applications
- Creating Schedules, Groups, CRUDs, and implementing custom business rules engines (like an internal IFFT)
- Integrated unit testing (Jest) & code coverage reports
- Will strongly prefer if you have developed advanced Node JS based custom C/C++ or N-API/NodeGYP based add-ons) for high performance
- Will be responsible for building modern products & solutions that create an impact
- Will be responsible for developing automated test platforms to ensure quality
- Will be responsible for doing code reviews, debugging and optimization of code.
- Will be responsible for developing and maintaining live documentation of projects (Google docs / Confluence / Jira / Repo readme docs)
- Will be responsible for enhancing our already existing internal products/solutions
- Will be responsible for making incremental improvements to our existing codebase & repos
- Will be responsible for discovering bugs/ anomalies in software and fixing them.
- Will be responsible for collaborating with other teams to bring Proof of concept/prototypes to life in a few days/weeks.