The Senior Vice President of Technical Product Management will serve as a critical member of the global executive team.
You own the highest level of product direction and definition.
You own the definition of the differentiated features that are valuable and unique.
You hold the identification of opportunities to use critical enabling technologies.
And you own the creativity and ideation to come up with the best killer product features.
You will make important technical decisions on architecture, coach your team on how to deliver simple technical specifications which meet the business needs and coach your team towards continuous improvement.
You will hire, coach and manage 5-15 Vice Presidents of Technical Product Management each responsible for a critical product line.
You will be expected to define clear, objective metrics for your organization that align with company goals to deliver measurable value.
You will establish baseline values and set aggressive improvement targets with actionable plans.
You will work closely with our F500 customer executives as well as key executives within ESW Capital.
The expectation is that you are a seasoned executive with excellent English communication skills that can effectively manage executive relationships.
- Create simple and clear architecture specs Hire, manage and coach Vice Presidents of Technical Product Management
- Create, standardize and drive an ideation process producing market defining, technology fueled, differentiated products delivering measurable customer value
- Ability to build “expert level” knowledge in a technical domain area
- Set and maintain the quality bar for product specifications favoring simplicity and clarity and removing distractions, over-architecture, and bad design decisions
- Synthesize inputs, communicate strategic direction, and validate assumptions with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish feasibility with Engineering teams early in the process to avoid delays and last minute scope change
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is absolutely mandatory, (M.Sc. or PhD preferred) 20+ years of hands-on technical development and architecture experience
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience defining and owning the tactical and strategic technical definition and design of software products
- 3+ years experience taking product requirements, making the core technical design decisions, and creating detailed specifications for a team of developers to code and test
- Extensive experience communicating requirements in writing and using diagrams (such as architecture diagrams, data flows, and system component diagrams)
- NPI experience with startups or new/1.0 products within larger companies
- Experience with the software development tools/platform space is a nice-to-have along with product management of products used by Fortune 500 sized companies