Technical Documentation Writer (30K/yr) - Online Hiring Tournament - Remote
We're running an Online Hiring Tournament on July 14th to hire Technical Documentation Writers (30K/yr).
This event will include all testing for the role. Upon grading the deliverables from the event, we will set up qualified candidates with an interview with the hiring manager.
This is a 100% remote, full-time role.
The Technical Writer is responsible for writing and maintaining user documentation for our software products.
The writer provides leadership in improving our company’s technical customer communication and documentation.
As a Technical Writer, you will own the help systems for one or more software products.
You will work on brand new products as well as existing products and a wide range of technologies in between.
You will be expected to work as part of a highly collaborative team of experienced technical writers and provide peer review to teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent hands-on experience in a technical role.
- Fluency in the English language, styles, and conventions.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience in a software company.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with common help authoring tools, such as DITA and MadCap Flare.
- A working understanding of programming and software architectures and/or databases
- Experience working with APIs
- The ability to install and understand technical software, so as to be able to write about it clearly and accurately.
We recommend that you attend the tournament instead of applying online, as our tournament process will be much faster
Register at the green button, Webinar address and test platform link will be sent to confirmed candidates.