We are looking to hire a talented and experienced Video Editor to join our busy production team.
As a lead Video Editor, you will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the Production Director.
To ensure success as a Video Editor, you should have expert knowledge of modern video editing techniques, be able to visualize directorial concepts, and work according to a strict time schedule. Ultimately, a top-notch Video Editor can perfectly translate a Director's idea into a beautifully crafted film or video piece, worthy of broadcasting.
Video Editor Responsibilities:
• Meeting with the Director to determine production vision.
• Reviewing raw material to determine shot list.
• Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
• Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
• Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
• Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
• Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
• Consulting with the Director and production team throughout the project.
• Creating the final cut for broadcasting.
Video Editor Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
• Previous work experience as a Video Editor.
• Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
• Creative and artistic skills.
• Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
• Portfolio of completed film productions.
• Ability to work to a tight schedule.
• Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.