Position: VoV Consultant
Reports to: VoV Program Development Officer
Base of Operations: Karachi, with potential travel to different parts of Sindh
Period of Performance: 4 months – short term technical assistance (STTA) contract
CRA, under the Victims of Violence (VoV) Cluster will assist the victims and their families in Sindh Province. The Program will improve victims’ access to special medical assistance and enable provision of educational support. In addition, the program will provide psychosocial support to victims and increased livelihood opportunities by tailoring existing vocational trainings and business development options to their individual needs. The VoV Consultant will be able to provide CRA with information of Sindh based victims needing support, as well as explore possible avenues of rehabilitating critical services for victims of violence.
Scope of Work
· Identify a minimum of 100 victims of violence (as per the VoV program’s definition of victims), and conduct a detailed Needs Assessment of all victims.
· Verify their authenticity through appropriate channels and authorities
· Data compilation and reporting; including forms generation & filling (detail of individuals/family)
· Identify at least 4 hospitals/organizations across Sindh which are providing services to victims of violence and identify the needs these departments/organizations/hospitals have so as to provide better services to victims.
· Schedule and lead meeting(s) to obtain official permission for partnerships, MoU with administration
· Conduct a gap analysis in emergency/other support department. Conduct a Needs Assessment of these institutions, and develop report
· Ensure that all the work is executed within the specified time frame.
· Liaise with CRA program and operations staff.
· Prepare weekly, monthly and final progress reports and share with relevant CRA departments.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
· The consultancy will be of a maximum 42-50 days and will be spread over 4 months.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, required;
· Demonstrable links with healthcare sector and medical practitioners, especially in Karachi, required and in other parts of the Sindh province, preferred;
· Demonstrable understanding of methods by which to acquire lists of potential victims of violence, and how to verify them for authenticity, required;
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with victims of violence in Pakistan or similar environments, required;
· Experience of working on USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferred;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word, required;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Urdu and in English required, Sindhi preferred.