This role is to use their program coding and testing skills to help software developers enhance product performance.
· The work to be subcontracted is defined and the subcontracted work is planned as per a document procedure. The selection of a vendor is done by evaluating the ability according to a documented procedure.
· SQA engineers use test automation software programs which set up test trials and preconditions to examine product functionality, content and user friendliness.
· Any changes in the statement of work, requirements, and other commitments are resolved with the clients according to a document procedure.
· Engineers then simulate product performance, evaluate results and compare those results with predicted outcomes. Once the automation process is complete, these professionals identify and document product problems or defects using bug tracking systems.
· Might create databases of known defects in order to develop protocol for repeat problems. Finally, might analyze defects and may either send the product back to developers for modification or may hone the product themselves.