Dapper Apps is an award-winning, young, vibrant app development agency based in Lahore, with headquarters in Perth, Australia. At Dapper, we hire people with the right skills, but more importantly with the right attitude. It is very important that our team maintains a positive, supportive culture that makes it such an enjoyable place to work.
We are looking for a highly motivated, positive and organized super star!
As our Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for our web applications. You'll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. The appropriate candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Proficient in Maven, Glassfish, EclipseLink, JavaFX, JPA, Jenkins.
- Proficient with relational databases (MySQL preferred).
- Working knowledge of git.
- Understanding of Shell Scripting and Unix tools.
- Java 8 (Core, Collections, Concurrency and Parallelism, Lambda Expressions, Functional Interfaces, java.util.function package)
- J2EE (Servlets, JSP, Tomcat / Glassfish)
- Java FX
- Spring 5.X ( Spring core, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring JPA, Restful)
- Experience in JPA 2.1 (Eclipselink / Hibernate)
- Restful API, Documentation of Restful API, JSON.
- Angular 6.
- Experience in connecting with third party services.
- Project management experience i.e. asking questions during user requirement gathering, creating architecture and API documentation, managing project deadline using SCRUM.
- Communicate with local and remote colleages via ticketing system and/or HipChat.
- Contribute to the teams technical roadmap and vision.
- Provide general tech related support.
- Desire to improve existing development and project management process.
- Have a can do attitude and a positive personality.
- Ability to work in a team and also independently.
- Reading habit and desire to pass knowledge to team via training sessions.
- A motivated individual who enjoys finding creative solutions to new problems.
Dapper offers generous staff benefits, a good salary and short working hours compared to the rest of the industry.