Person Should be able to.....
To perform a range of administrative and editorial tasks necessary to get regional language manuscripts published and act as the liaison for the many people involved in the publication process, from the receipt of copy from authors through to the handover to production staff; including working closely with Urdu and regional language editors and overseeing all these projects
• To support regional language editors in all activities leading to publication, and play the coordinator role for Urdu desk.
• To look after all assigned titles from the inception to completion.
• To do in-house reviews where required.
• To check for plagiarism and accuracy and to ensure that deadlines are met.
• To check the consistency of content, style and quality.
• Editing and proofreading of manuscript, content editing, in context of review and feedback, market needs and author’s agenda. Editors should ensure that text/textual changes are the author’s work. Editors should provide complete feedback to the author for text/textual changes.
• To consult external reviewers and subject specialists by visiting schools; to get market feedback by visiting schools and market research, and doing a comprehensive analysis of competitors’ books/products available in the market, in terms of content/text, word count, extent, appearance, artwork and price.
• To liaise with Design, Production, Marketing and Sales departments for effective and smooth flow of work.
• To liaise with the marketing department regarding the promotion of assigned titles and with the sales department regarding sales performance of the assigned titles.