Head of Curriculum Department is primarily concerned with planning and overseeing the development of the school’s curriculum. The HOCD provides feedback to administration and teaching staff in relation to the raising awareness of new learning frameworks.
- Overseeing the curriculum development function including overall responsibility of all curriculum matters
- Developing holistic and thematic approaches to learning that meet the needs of students
- Manage freelance and hired authors.
- Masters in Pure/Social Sciences along with B.Ed/M.Ed. or equivalent
- Candidates having M.Phil/ Ph.D degree will be preferred
- 5 years experience of teaching and administration in a well-reputed educational institution
- 3 years experience of curriculum development
- 1 year experience of working on equivalent post in an established organization
- Publishing exposure with school books preparation is must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of primary and secondary education and the research process
- Deep understanding of primary and secondary education pedagogies, particularly activity-based learning, and their theoretical frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of national and international curriculum development standards and their implementation
- Extensive knowledge of technology-rich pedagogical initiatives such as online learning
- Advanced computer literacy, including website development and graphics
- Excellent writing skills and knowledge of writing pedagogies
- Ability to communicate ideas and issues clearly, concisely and accurately
- Knowledge of educational self-efficacy/self-belief, goal setting, commitment, resilience, student leadership and career development
- Superior critical assessment and synthesis skills
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually, and to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to manage complex projects, work independently and collaboratively, and complete tasks on time
- Ability to present clear and concise information in oral presentations, and in written reports, proposals, and publications
- Ability to work within a project management framework of deadlines and deliverables
A genuine interest in the academics, supervisory experience and willingness to take initiative as a leader are required.
City: Karachi - Head Office
Gender: Male (only)