Department: Accounts & Finance
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Reporting Team: Accounts Officer (Imports)
Duty Station: Lahore Head Office
Working Days: 6 days (Monday to Saturday)
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure the availability of raw material at the plant all the time.
2. Daily monitoring of raw material prices especially LME.
3. Find alternate, reliable and competitive suppliers of Raw Material.
4. Build long-term business relationships with foreign suppliers.
5. Update about custom rules and regulations in order to get the benefit of SRO’s timely and accurately.
6. Circulate LME prices indicator to Management on daily basis.
7. To keep inform Finance / Accounts in advance about the arrival of the shipping documents in the bank to get released.
8. Liaise with Finance/ Accounts regarding payment of customs duties and other charges to get the goods cleared without any delay.
9. Get in touch with the foreign supplier about shipment status and get ready for goods clearance before the shipment arrives at the port of clearance.
10. Avoid delayed custom clearance unless it is disputed.
11. Make arrangements of logistics as per company’s policy either with carriage contractor or at the best available market rate.
12. Managing and maintaining correspondence with the supplier (Local and foreign), clearing agents.
13. Forecasting & planning for raw material procurement plan.
14. Completing any other tasks assigned by senior management from time to time.