Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. is one of the major privately-run German charitable organizations in the field of Development Work and Emergency Aid.
Its function is primarily to contribute toward the improvement of the food and income levels for the poorest rural population in Africa, Asia including Pakistan and Latin America, in cooperation with local partner organizations.
Through strategic fundraising as well as with public funding, Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. sponsors relevant help-for-self-help projects on site.
In addition, it implements emergency aid measures in the area of food supply and rehabilitation. It makes statements of position on development policy issues and carries out strategic lobbying work at national and international levels.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), a German NGO, is looking for an Admin & Logistic officer to assist the Program Manager in the smooth implementation of WHH’s ongoing projects in Multan Province.
Provide administrative support to WHH Field office and ensure the logistic support for partner in accordance with the WHH guideline.
Furthermore; to assist security department to act as security focal person for Multan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to make sure the administrative management of the office for its efficient and effective running in consultation with PM and Country Office Manager.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; maintain filing systems; procurement and purchasing’s against the supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Furthermore; supervise the support and make sure the efficient fleet management.
- Responsible to provide guideness and support to WHH, s partners (Ips) in procurement and further review the process for improvements in consultation with PM and Country Logistic department.
- Responsible to assist staff in providing the operational services for program activities such as boarding lodging, traveling, arrangements of trainings, meetings and workshops etc.
- Responsible to act as safety and security focal person at field level to ensure the compliance of safety and security SOPs and regulations.
- Assist staff in providing the HR services on the behalf of WHH’s HR department by providing them required information relevant to health scheme, EOBI/social security, leave balance, contract management and about other benefits in close coordination with HR department.
- Act as petty cash custodian for the office and responsible to maintain cash flow in close coordination with PM and finance department.
- Responsible to maintain the petty cash and act as petty cash custodian
- Prepare and organise internal team meetings as directed
- Make administrative and logistic arrangements of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.)
- Ensure the working of computer software and hardware in consultation with IT department
- Monitor availability of supplies (spare parts, stationary etc.) and arrange for replenishment well in time
- Regularly update the project/program inventory list
- Monitored and Control the efficient and effective use of office equipment’s.
- Ensure the office conforms and decorum and further kept clean and tidy as per recommended health and safety standards.
- Ensure the availability of office utilities (drinking water, kitchen items, electricity, Gas etc.)
- Supervise support staff and Drivers and ensure the discharge of responsibilities in a professional way. Time to time arrange the trainings and refreshers for support.
- Make sure the time boarding and lodging services for all staff and Guests.
- To register equipment with new staff, organize visiting cards, Staff ID Cards, Phones etc.
- Record of attendance sheet, medical claims, leave applications for local staff and update HR department.
Logistic Duties- support IPs for compliance
- To provide support to the Partner in log matters specially in procuremnts related queries by reviewing the processess in accordance with RAC rules and further capacitating partners staff for quality procurments in consultation with PM and Logistic Coordinator.
- To monitor and to record day to day purchases and providing all necessary documents to finance and to Country logistics department to keep the record up to date.
- Responsible to maintain logistics filing system as per WHH policy and procedures and to further assist program Manager/logistic Coordinator in procurement process e.g. proper signed receiving of LPR from the concern person/department, gathering of quotations as per logistic guideline, and to prepare comparative analysis for the collective information etc.
- Complete the required documentation (DN, GRN) of purchased inventory and further update PM and Logistic Coordinator regarding the verification and quality of the material received (as per given sample) and check/verify the payment invoices received from the vendor & report that they are as per received material.
- Keep maintained inventory database on regular basis and ensure that all assets and inventory items are assigned Inventory/Taq number and ensure that Inventory database contains all required information such as item description, price, serial number, Project code etc., as per WHH policies and procedures
- Update/change databases as required; in case of donation to partners, Sale of assets, change in physical location, change in Project code, disposal etc. and further ensure the physical existence of the items at least after three months in a year by taking physical count under supervision of PM/Logistic Coordinator.
- To maintain the warehouse stock effectively and ensure the record keeping of In/out stock in consultation PM and Logistic Coordinator.
- Any other task assigns by the supervisor in line with the job role.
Act as Security focal person:
- Manage and ensure that staff are using staff tracking system and country security plan is followed and understood by staff
- Ensures a contingency plan to respond to emergency is in place
- Provide security clearance for all missions in consultation with security Manager
- Ensure the travel clearance, office emergency and medical evacuation procedures are in place and followed by staff.
- Provide initial security briefing to staff upon arrival in consultation with Security Manager
- Liaise with police/security agencies/civil administration if required
- Assist Security Manager in the implementation of security procedures and activities
- S/he will coordinate closely with focal points of the other consortium partners, and of the local implementing partners, in Sindh and in Islamabad.
- S/he will need to coordinate with local government agencies and private sector and local and national organizations, as needed.
- The position holder should work in a team-oriented manner and show a spirit of flexibility, collaboration, and professionalism.
- The position holder should work with integrity and adhere to the standards described in the “Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct”.
Professional background & knowledge:
- She/he may have to assume other responsibilities assigned by the Supervisor in line with job role
- Minimum two to four year of working experience in administration, procurement or in a similar position
- Demonstrated competence and ability with procurement, general office administration, Safety and Security, supporting local partners and in other General administrative activities
- Demonstrated competence with spoken and written English, Urdu and MS Office.
Languages & skills:
- Good spoken and written English and Urdu.
- Ability to speak Seraiki would be an advantage.
- Sensitive and responsive to gender, ethnicity,disability and other social issues and other core values of WHH.
- Knowledge of different logistic related software
- Have a participatory and team-centred approach to work and behavior
- Proactive in liaising and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS WORD and PowerPoint
WHH is an equal opportunity employer. WHH decides the employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. However; WHH strongly encourages women’s, minorities and person with disabilities to apply who are meeting the minimum criteria for the position