Drive the vehicle safely and securely in order to facilitate WHH’s day to day activities throughout Pakistan and ensure that the vehicle is fit for service.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the position holder is responsible for ensuring the timely transportation of staff in a safe and courteous manner by following the approved WHH policies and SOPs for Pakistan. Moreover, the position holder assures the proper use of the vehicle and is responsible for taking care of day to day vehicle maintenance in a timely manner.
- Collect and drive WHH staff and guests to appointed destinations within given timeframes, as directed. Provide support to WHH staff in transporting materials to project sites, including loading and unloading WHH vehicles as/when required.
- Responsible to take care of himself while on duty (should be duly sensitized about personal safety and security) and act as an interpreter for international staff if necessary.
- Drive WHH vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with the traffic laws of Pakistan
- Understand the basic operations and maintenance requirements of WHH and rental vehicles so as to be able to operate them in a safe manner
- Maintain the cleanliness of the interior and the exterior of the assigned car.
- Assist passengers with carrying parcels and loading and unloading the vehicle.
- Report promptly to the supervisor about any damage or repair needed to the assigned vehicle. Maintain accident reports and inform the supervisor about any such incident
- Keep in close communication with supervisor regarding any night driving or driving into areas considered potentially unsafe
- Never use the vehicle for personal use; refuse/or inform superior when asked by non-authorized personnel to use a WHH vehicle for personal use
- Fill in log sheets after each trip with complete information; enter information into database as needed.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers at all times.
- Treat all passengers with the utmost respect and courtesy, regardless of age, gender, nationality or religion
- Accept shifts /schedules as assigned by the supervisor.
- Carry out daily check to make sure that equipment/vehicle accessories/first aid kit etc. are in the vehicle.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the supervisor in line with the position.
- Submit the monthly fuel document to supervisor by the 1st working day of the next month.
- Ensure documents submitted to supervisor should be in compliance and policy of WHH Pakistan.
- Should have minimum Secondary Education (matriculation)
- 2-3 years of driving experience
- Experience with national and international NGOs preferable
- Must have valid LTV driving license with a clean driving record (no major accidents)
- Good working knowledge of all major road networks and cities in Pakistan
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations of Pakistan and skills in minor repair of vehicle would be considered as an advantage.
- Fluency in Urdu and basic know-how of English is mandatory. However, preference will be given to candidate who can speak and understand multi local languages.
- Professional, courteous and punctual
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing and able to work in a team environment