Deutsche Welthungerhilfe through local partners is implementing a ‘Sustainable Food & Nutrition Security Programme - SFNS’ in Thar region of Sindh province since 2015; to improve nutrition situation in drought prone areas. The programme comprises of several short- to medium- & long-term interventions, funded by German donors in order to address causes of malnutrition in region.
The programme relies on several baseline studies and operational researches to contribute to the improve the quality of the intervention & to highlight the issues & underlying causes of chronic malnutrition in region. These studies and researches during the programme also aid in measuring achievement of milestones and project indicators over the time.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe commissioned an integrated SMART survey in year 2017, based on a SMART survey year before; which leads the programme to build a formal causal analysis of malnutrition in region through Link NCA. The findings of this LinkNCA are proposed to be widely disseminated amongst provincial & national stakeholders and used by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe in current & future programming in Thar desert.”
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe – Pakistan are looking for a highly skilled, creative Link NCA Analyst (Quantitative) to provide technical support in statistical analysis of secondary data (SMART) and carry out a quantitative survey for the ongoing LinkNCA exercise in a German donor funded project in Tharparkar district of Sindh province.
The person will be responsible for statistical analysis of secondary data (SMART database) along with carrying out a fresh quantitative survey through his own assembled team in region for the Link NCA process for Welthungerhilfe while providing technical oversight and support to lead analyst (Qualitative). In addition, the consultant will also provide Deutsche Welthungerhilfe in acquiring No Objection Certificate (NoC) & an endorsement of Link NCA exercise at relevant provincial levels & authorities.
3) Expected Activities/Scope of Work:
- Conduct the Statistical analysis of secondary data (SMART data base)
- Recruitment and training of the quantitative team
- To supervise the implementation of the household survey and to guarantee data quality
- Data management and cleaning
- Data analysis
- Triangulation with qualitative data
- Presentation and validation of results
- Triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Presentation of the results of the Link NCA
4) Expected deliverables:
- Build questionnaire and define sampling methodology
- Write the quantitative report
- Support in Acquiring the NOC and endorsement form relevant provincial authorities
5) Delivery timeline:
TORs are subject to adjustment in scope, activities, deliverables and delivery date after consultation with the selected consultant.
6) Educational background:
- At least a master’s degree in anthropology, sociology or related social sciences domains; and when possible in one of field of expertise related to nutrition security
- Background in Statistics or epidemiology, with experience in implementing household surveys (DHS, MICS, SMART, CAP…)
7) Professional background and Knowledge:
- Previous experience and demonstrated skills in applied research in particular quantitative research, writing and analytical skills (at least 5 years), (may be required to produce sample of pervious report)
- Previous experience in a development or humanitarian context, in particular management and programming experiences
- Broad knowledge and experience of nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive principles and programming
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and understanding of Pakistan context is strongly recommended
8) Required Core Competencies & behaviour:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Urdu,
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems,
- Demonstrating the leadership
- Achieving results in accountable way by using the available resources
- Understanding the humanitarian context
- Maintain ethical and professional behavior in accordance with the relevant code of conduct