Welthungerhilfe (WHH), a German NGO, is looking for a Project Officer- Agriculture and Nutrition Research for its flora research project being implemented in Tharparkar District of Sindh province, under the guidance of Planning Commission of Pakistan and technical assistance of accredited research laboratories in Pakistan. The project is being implemented in the district through a local partner of WHH.
Objective: Coordinate and Supervise the samples lab testing process of flora from samples collection till report finalization of the Project
- Assist in collection of flora samples from the field sites
- Monitor and document lab testing process
- Assist in finalizing the research report
- Coordinate with the research lab, technical committee and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the recipes preparation process from the identified nutritious plant species
1. Assist in collection of flora samples from the field sites
- Coordinate with the laboratory and finalize the samples collection plan
- Assist the technical staff of the laboratory and the partner in samples collection and transportation to the lab.
- Monitor the samples collection process to ensure its quality.
2. Monitor and document the lab testing process
- Organize periodic review meetings with the lab to monitor testing process
- Prepare proper record of testing process and test results
3. Assist in finalizing the research report
- Prepare the draft report
- Get the report reviewed from DWHH technical staff, technical committee for research, nutrition section in ministry of planning development & reforms along with other stakeholders under guidance of Program Manager Sindh.
4. Coordination and linkages with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare Stakeholder mapping and management plan in consultation with Program Manager Sindh.
- Make sure that all the relevant stakeholders are aware of progress of the research.
- Coordinate with technical committee formed through nutrition section in ministry of planning, development & reforms
- Assist the WHH team in organizing research reports dissemination and launching events in Sindh and at Islamabad.
5. Coordinate the recipes preparation process from the identified nutritious plant species
- Keep close coordination with the selected experts for the preparation of recipes.
- Monitor the recipes testing phase
- Monitor the recipes demonstration in the communities and further promote the recipes.
- The position holder should work in a team-oriented manner and show a spirit of flexibility, collaboration, and professionalism.
- The position holder should work with integrity and adhere to the standards described in the “Welthungerhilfe Code of Conduct”.
- In the event of a humanitarian emergency occurring in Pakistan, the position holder will be expected to support in gathering relevant information and communicate to Welthungerhilfe’s Emergency Response Team. She/he may also need to assume additional responsibilities in assisting with any humanitarian response.
- She/he may have to assume other responsibilities not detailed in this job description as required and mutually decided.
- Minimum 2-4 years professional experience in a similar or related role within a national or international NGO
- Experience in the field of Agriculture research/ food sciences is desired
- Knowledge and understanding of multi sectoral nutrition sensitive programming.
- Experience in working with partners is desired