The Security Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining security systems as CCTV access control, home safety systems, Fire and pabx System.
Entry-level position that is primarily responsible for the installation and maintenance of analog and IP CCTV systems and assisting Information Systems during daily operations.
- Design, specify, configure, and install analog and digital CCTV systems.
- Maintain and upgrade existing analog and digital CCTV systems as needed.
- Support users of CCTV system.
- Establish working relationships with vendors and contractors pertaining to CCTV systems.
- Assist with the configuration, deployment, and support of network assets
- Troubleshoot cameras, DVRs, NVRs, peripherals, and other hardware.
- Provide technical support to end users covering all software and hardware related issues.
- Meet with Loss Prevention and Supervisors daily to receive areas of concentration and special assignments.
- Perform all delegated tasks assigned by the management.
- Adhere to Corporate standards as stated in departmental training manual.
Experienced CCTV Installer with knowledge of all sorts of security system installation needs. Extensive knowledge of multiple security systems.Has eight years of industry experience in installation of CCTV and maintenance of installed systems.Core
- Understands advancements in technology with CCTV systems.
- Good technical understanding and ability to explain to customers
- Able to inspect locations to find best installation areas for cameras to be installed
- Knowledge of multiple types of CCTV systems
- Multiple years of experience in CCTV installation
- Consulted with businesses and homeowners regarding CCTV security system needs.
- Performed appropriate measurements for installation purposes.
- Installed CCTV systems in Commercial settings including parking lots inside stores and over registers as requested and needed.
- Made recommendations regarding where cameras should be installed according to individual building’s construction.
- Performed residential installations of CCTV security systems.
- Tested all installations and setups to make sure they worked.
- Utilized terrific communication skills to show how system worked once installed.
- Worked with business and homeowners to pick best camera installation locations both interior and exterior.
- Provided training on system use once installation completed
Access Control and other Security Products
Candidate must be experienced with electronic access control systems, devices, and/or electro-mechanical hardware, etc.
Preferred Qualifications for Access Control Technicians
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the electronic access control and electro-mechanical trade.
- Follows instructions from the management Lead Technician regarding the installation of electronic access control systems, devices, etc., as assigned and trained.
- nstalls, services, and repairs various types of electronic access control devices, modules, panels, boards, wiring, relays, etc.