The Head of Finance is responsible of the overall financial closing in compliance with the local legislation, including direct and indirect taxes. In this role, he/she will be part of the local management team and give educated guidance for business decisions.
On the other hand, he/she will be responsible for the timely preparation of the monthly closings in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) He/she also acts as the direct contact person to various Corporate functions at the head office. Moreover, the Head of Finance ensures an internal controlling system and an adequate risk and compliance management.
The role is very broad and covers multiple fields like accounting, tax, controlling and financial analysis. The candidate shall demonstrate a strong wish to learn and to integrate in the company culture.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accounting responsibility over branch office, manage general ledger, keeping account books and systems up to date
- Budget responsibility for branch office, in accordance with the process, timeline and guidelines from Straumann Group
- Financial forecasting (monthly rolling process)
- Build up reporting system and KPI system based on the group BI tools (ALEA/Cubeware and SAP BW) to allow and share monthly financial analysis of the situation.
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Develop and maintain the local internal control system (ICS)
- Single point of contact for head office and other subsidiaries in all financial matters
- Manage monthly closing complying with IFRS (including complete upload of figures into the group’s consolidation tool SAP SEM-BCS following timeline and guidelines)
- Manage local tax filings for income tax and VAT
- Manage company’s intercompany charges and monthly intercompany reconciliation
- Be a driving force of the acquisition process and if applicable, manage local finance team
- Several years (5-10) of experience in accounting and closings
- Good understanding of IFRS Standards (applicable for head office)
- Experience in one of the “Big 4” audit companies, or in an international corporate environment is required
Personal Attributes & Behaviours
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented team player
- Proactive mindset for cost optimization (process, operation)
- Open mindset to collaborate with international team
- Willing to participate, if required and appropriate, to corporate projects