1. Plans and coordinates the initiation of research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
2. Prepares research ethics board applications
3. Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol; may coordinate the collection and analysis of research data.
4. Recruits, instructs, and coordinates research subjects and/or volunteers, as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
5. . Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities; acts as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff and as the principle operational liaison for other research organizations, funding agencies and regulating bodies.
6. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the carrying out of research protocol, as appropriate to the position; may perform aspects of research protocol, as required, in accordance with specified program objectives.
7. Plans and coordinates the staffing of research studies, to include the recruitment and administration of research support staff, as appropriate to the activity.
8. Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators and researchers.
9. Monitors the progress of research activities; develops and maintains records of research activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies.
10. Plans and coordinates regular advisory board and steering committee meetings.
11. 13. To perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including supports for other programs