- Together with the top team prepare a strategy for achieving the Vision & Mission.
- Outlines own specific responsibilities for the achievement of the Strategic Objectives with due dates
- Ensures the availability of Processes, systems, Personnel, Company Policies & Procedures to meet the strategic requirements. Monitors Progress & Take Corrective Actions.
Material resource planning:
- Ensures the coordination, training, and implementation of a system that makes the local and indigenous supplies can be smooth and timely
- Develops and introduces new vendors and suppliers in consultation with GM/Director so that maximum purchase encompasses under cost control program.
- Develops data bank for the local items and search for other alternatives in local as well as global markets for the items required with high frequencies to reduce cost and eliminate local supplier’s monopoly.
- Manages periodic meetings with vendors and suppliers at the factory in conjunction with GM/Director, QC, and Productions to share mutual issues for a relationship, listening, and resolution of vendors’ and suppliers’ graveness.
Planning & Operations:
- Supply Planning.
- Effective utilization of resources low-cost and high returns for the organization.
- Estimate the resources to ensure optimum inventory and achieving marketing requirements.
- Co-ordinates activities of departments.
- Ensures optimum inventory to prevent over-stocking and under-stocking.
- Minimize wastage and ensuring the proper handling of Materials.
- Providing the regular flow of quality products.
- Develop and manage materials planning work for goods and materials as requested or demanded.
- Schedule critical materials, standardization, and performance measures to help in ensuring that reasonable yet stretched targets achieve accurately and identify an effective strategy for long-term business plans.
- MPS, MRP, Rough cut capacity Planning, Analyzing backward and forward scheduling.
- Direct and coordinate procurement activities in a cost-effective manner.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Handle duties related to vendor relations; manage contracts, negotiations, logistics coordination, timely deliveries, and inventory-cost control.
- Monitor vendor reliability, dependability and establish contacts with prospective suppliers.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies/equipment.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Purchase under L/C, CAD, D/P, Cheque, etc.
- In charge of the complete warehouse, material planning, budgeting, forecasting, and allocation.
- Responsible for issuing materials to users on-demand and account for consumption. Match products with clients’ parameters, deliver and dispatch goods to clients.
- Ensure adequate material handling, material preservation, stocking, receipt, and issue by implementing proper housekeeping. Analyze-review fast and slow-moving items.
- Monitor stock accumulation, determine discrepancies and abnormal consumption.
- Effectively handle and minimize obsolesce and surplus through proper codification.
- Take care of issuance, receipts, documentation, warehousing, stocking, and making computerized entries for the related items, slow-moving and fast-moving items.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued. Prepare day-to-day reports as per the company’s requirements.
- Coordinate with different sections for warehouse operation functions.
- Provide leadership and direction in ensuring the smooth functioning of overall logistics operations of the company applying knowledge and experience in logistics management.
- Manage daily company business comprising placing of orders for daily office requirements, filing systematically of records/documents.
- Integrate information from purchasing, material take-off, planning, and fabrication to ensure material supply in sufficient quantity and timely. Track all stock movements, simplifying reconciliation.
- Maintain and develop positive business relations with key personnel involved in logistics activity.
ISO /Customer & Social Compliancies Audit:
- Manage the QMS system/Customer compliance issues/Social Compliancies as per company requirements
- Ensures that all related documentation is in order & understood well by all
- Ensures that the processes given in the system are followed in letter and spirit through the department
- Ensure all SCM staff training plan and evaluate with HRD training requirement.
- Design & Develop SCM Training for new staff and proposed market-based Warehouse/Store/inventory training through HRD / internal/external and also refresher program for the old staff.
- Actively participates in the development phase of projects
- Organizes and executes projects to improve safety, reliability, and energy/costs efficiency, environmental impact; according to scope, available resources, and budget
- Prepares technical specifications and redlined drawings/P&IDs/isometrics
- Performs site survey to optimize piping and cabling layout
- Prepares work packages needed to subcontract part of the scope to subcontractors
- Reviews supplier’s documents
- Coordinates the construction activities and ensure their supervision
- Formalizes all the necessary project documentation (Scope, planning, budget,) up to project closure, including the as-built documentation
- Organizes regular project steering committees to validate Gate passages and communicates project progress to the various stakeholders
- Follows–up management of change (MOC) and credit request processes for projects
- Is a contributor to a consistent documentation system and provides a good transfer of project documentation?
- Shares good practices and lessons learned during project execution and after project closure
- Leads and organizes the projects to respect safety, quality, scope, budget, and schedule
- Takes any immediate action necessary to guarantee safety during the project execution