The role of the Automation Programmer/Designer will include automation and controls systems design, PLC/SCADA programming, simulation and testing, and start-up commissioning. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in developing advanced PLC logic and programming. HMI/SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software vendors: Rockwell FactoryTalk View, GE iFix/Cimplicity, Wonderware, Iconics, Siemens WinCC etc.
- 2-5 years direct work experience programming, testing and commissioning advanced control systems in a variety of industries (i.e. Food Processing, Water/Wastewater, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Mining etc.)
- Designing, Erection and Commissioning of industrial control projects using PLC and HMI.
- Trouble shooting of PLC faults in running plant.
- PLC, HMI designing for process control.
- Knowledge of the Ontario or Canadian Electrical Code is a strong asset
- Programming experience with .Net, C/C++, C#, VB/VB.Net, SQL/TSQL/SQL+ or other high level language is a strong asset.