The Human Resources Manager works closely with the Office Manager, Departments Heads and Staff and will contribute to the business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organizational development and other HR or business initiatives. Specifically, this position is responsible for the administration of human resources functions including, but not limited to, employee relations, performance management, talent strategy execution, salary and benefits administration, reward and recognition, training, labour relations and employee engagement.
The HR Manager will report directly to the Office Manager. There are three key attributes to this role that will help define success in HR at Frontier Communications.
1. Business and Strategic Partnership.
It is expected that the HR Manager behave as leaders in the organization. A significant part of this leadership is to gain knowledge of our products, services and customers and use that knowledge to help define how employees contribute, and are rewarded for contributing, to the success of the organization. Additionally, HR leaders are expected to understand the financial aspects of operating the business and to be able to identify ways to improve efficiencies within and outside of the function. You will be expected to contribute to the operations of the organization.
2. Employee Advocate.
Know the employees you work with and support. Knowledge of what motivates them to contribute and what drives their behaviour in the workplace is key to helping to create a workplace that fosters open communications, high productivity and the ability to put the customer first. You will be expected to work with other leaders to identify and provide employee development opportunities, organizational development advancements, develop communications plans and lead communications meetings, and put together problem resolution programs.
3. Change Champion.
Change is constant. In recent years we have nearly doubled the size of the company. We have introduced organizational changes that have direct impacts on the customer experience. Knowledge and experience in leading various groups through change (both major and minor) is highly valued.
- Provide strategic and tactical management of HR programs and services in order to establish and maintain competitive programs that attract and retain high quality employees in a cost-effective manner
- Collaborate with colleagues and other functional business units to build and implement the HR business plan supporting the overall business strategy
- Provide counsel and advice on organizational alignment and design for effective execution of the business strategy
- Contribute to the performance of the business by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organizational effectiveness and other human capital or business initiatives
- Drive the department's talent agenda by ensuring thoughtful assessment, selection, people development and succession planning
- Act as change agent to the business, design processes and approaches to prepare the organization for ongoing change and transformation
- Implement complete HR solutions using key business drivers to build business cases for change at an individual and departmental level
- Collaborates on initiatives involving enterprise wide organizational design/redesign or policy change
- Coach employees, supervisors and managers regarding workplace issues such as job performance, career planning and employee relations
- Manage the salary administration process and recommend salary treatment for new hires and promotions
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of employee records/files accuracy of employee data
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- High level of energy and enthusiastic approach to job performance as well as implementation of Corporate and region goals/policies.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) and demonstrated ability to influence others while developing positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to exercise judgment within a broadly defined practice and policies
- Strong planning and project management skills (PMP certification preferred)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in fast-paced setting
- Customer focused and Strong organizational skills
- Must be comfortable resolving conflicts and effective at problem solving
- Strong computer skills, including ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and Power Point
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is helpful
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with a concentration in Human Resources or Organizational Development desirable or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of HR experience; in the Technology industry
- Broad and expert understanding of Human Resources including staffing, compensation, and expert experience handling employee relations, organizational development, training, performance management and labor relations.
- Knowledge of local employment laws and best practices
- Experience in Labor Relations, including labor contract interpretation and counsel.
- Experience in issue resolution, discipline and grievance administration.