Working for a UK based company, with offices in Europe & Asia the network administrator's role is to ensure the stable operation of all company wider network and services, locally and internationally. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
- Setup and configuration of new websites in IIS / WebsitePanel.
- Procurement, installation, and maintenance of SSL certificates as they expire.
- Monitor and install required Windows and Security updates across multiple servers.
- Administer and troubleshoot issues with MS-SQL server, including log files and database mirroring configurations.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Development/Management of the AWS infrastructure
- Providing technical support for all aspects of the AWS infrastructure
- Administering the cloud environments (Prod, Dev and QA)
- Work closely with the software developers and product management teams to deploy and manage scalable software services on the cloud and on premise
- Providing system analysis and recommended solutions for environment performance and availability needs.
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Review architecture and offer recommendations for improvements
- Embrace continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Identify and document IT best practices that will improve the systems deployment function
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server environments and configuration.
- Preferably AWS Certified/ Strong Demonstrable experience in AWS/SQL Server/IIS/ Windows Server
- Strong Experience in AWS EC2. Able to work and monitor closely Hosting, Security & Integration with other AWS services
- Strong Experience in AWS S3. Fluent in Backup & Recovery, Data Archiving, Data Analytics, Disaster Recovery.
- Strong Experience in AWS RDS. Able to perform Administration, Scalability, Security, Failover, Backup & Recovery, Performance Monitoring/Optimization.
- Experience/Knowledge in AWS Lambda
- Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Strong experience with database technologies (MS SQL etc)
- Working Experience in IIS
- Experience and knowledge in network protocols (e.g. WINS, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with network devices and load balancing
- Familiarity with cloud networking and traffic management (VPCs, load balancers, network segregation)
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment