A London based company, seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer having hands on experience to be the part of Software Team and work on Permanent basis.
The SQA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to see you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software testing life cycle to meet quality standards with Agile methodologies.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide effective and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test designs.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Communicate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools would be a plus.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, STLC, QA & QC Concepts, Testing Methodologies.
- Defect classification and issue severity rating.
- Hands-on experience with black box & grey box testing.
- Solid experience in manual testing, approaches, planning and execution.
- Perform thorough integration, regression & performance testing.
- Agile methodologies / SCRUM
- Hands-on experience Defect management tools such as JIRA/Trello etc.
- Ability to setup lab or test environment replicating production environment.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test design.
- Analyse new features, write and maintain functional, System test cases against them.
- Experience in TFS environment, building & maintaining test plans/cases repository would be an advantage
- Strong test documentation, management, execution and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a thorough understanding of development and testing methodologies are required.
- Automation testing would be a big plus - Selenium/ JMeter / Appium etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong experience in software QA including test strategies, methodologies, test execution, bug reporting and tracking.
- Hands-on experience in manual test execution and documentation.
- Experience designing and updating test campaigns based on formal/informal requirements.
- Team player, methodical, self-starter, process-driven and result oriented.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.