Working for a UK based company, with offices in Europe & Asia the network administrator's role is to ensure the stable operation of all company wider network and services, locally and internationally. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Under the direction of Office Manager and CEO, this position will be responsible for the following:
Job responsibilities include, but are limited to:
- Setup and configuration of new websites in IIS / WebsitePanel.
- Procurement, installation, and maintenance of SSL certificates as they expire.
- Monitor and install required Windows and Security updates across multiple servers.
- Work with technical support team to troubleshoot website loading / performance issues.
- Setup and configure remote desktop services with remote apps on new Windows Server machines.
- Administer and troubleshoot issues with MS-SQL server, including log files and database mirroring configurations.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks and in-house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and monitor several tasks at once.
- Drive and initiative to tackle issues before they escalate.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server environments and configuration.
- Knowledge of IIS configuration/administration a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud services (EC2, EBS, VPC) a plus.
- Knowledge of MS-SQL server, including T-SQL and database mirroring a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Remote Apps configuration a plus.
- PCI Certification / Requirements experience a plus
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.