Effective Corporate Solutions (ECS) is hiring talented young people for the development of state of art, end to end stress testing tool for international banking sector
ECS was founded in early 2017. The company is registered in Pakistan with its office in Lahore and a sister concern in UK.
ECS has two lines of business:
a. AATS – development of Advanced Analytics Technology Solutions for financial institutions (banks, insurance companies and asset managers), especially in the area of risk management
b. FITS (Financial Institutions Technology Support) – provision of consulting, technology and HR services for financial institutions.
In the first phase, AATS is focused on the development of a comprehensive stress testing solution for banks. Development started in late 2016 and is ongoing. The goal is to complete product development by the end of 2019. Subsequent phases will focus on other aspects of risk management and advanced analytics.
Stress testing is a very comprehensive risk management tool and it is a regulatory requirement in many countries. It brings together many aspects of risk management and financial planning. In essence stress testing requires the forecasting of a financial institution’s financial statements and regulatory metrics in severe macroeconomic or other stress scenarios.
* Challenging, friendly & professional environment with plenty of learning of opportunities in risk management and banking.
* Work with industry piloting technologies &
* Opportunity to grow with the company.
About the Role
Title: IT Executive - Development
Job Objective: Develop the Intelligent Business Processes using Java and Workflow Engines.
Develop Java/J2EE based applications supporting business automation.
Assist and participate in Business Process Automation implementation.
Assist and participate writing unit tests, automated regression tests and tracking defects as they occur.
Efficiently document all development activities.
Ensure smooth deployment of developed software within the given time lines.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
Education: Minimum – BCS
Experience: 2-3 Years developing Java/J2EE based solutions in a reputable software house or IT department of a medium to large enterprise
Must Have Skills
* Sound knowledge of J2SE , J2EE , JSP
* OOAD Concepts & Design Patterns
* Sound Understanding of Software Analysis & Design Methodologies
* Understanding Unit & Integration Testing Strategies
* Strong Database Concepts
* Good Communication Skill
* Being creative in solving technical and business problems
* A good combination of a "doer" and "researcher" mindset
Good to Have Skills
* Working experience in Big data technology preferably involving Hadoop
* Working experience on a workflow engine
* Basic understanding on developing mobile applications (Android and/or iOS)