Effective Corporate Solutions (ECS) is hiring talented young people for the development of state of art, end to end stress testing tool for international banking sector
ECS was founded in early 2017. The company is registered in Pakistan with its office in Lahore and a sister concern in UK.
ECS has two lines of business:
a. AATS – development of Advanced Analytics Technology Solutions for financial institutions (banks, insurance companies and asset managers), especially in the area of risk management
b. FITS (Financial Institutions Technology Support) – provision of consulting, technology and HR services for financial institutions.
In the first phase, AATS is focused on the development of a comprehensive stress testing solution for banks. Development started in late 2016 and is ongoing. The goal is to complete product development by the end of 2019. Subsequent phases will focus on other aspects of risk management and advanced analytics.
Stress testing is a very comprehensive risk management tool and it is a regulatory requirement in many countries. It brings together many aspects of risk management and financial planning. In essence stress testing requires the forecasting of a financial institution’s financial statements and regulatory metrics in severe macroeconomic or other stress scenarios.
- Challenging, friendly & professional environment with plenty of learning opportunities in risk management and banking.
- Work with industry piloting technologies &
- Opportunity to grow with the company.
About the Role
Title: Senior Consultant - Financial & Regulatory Reporting for Banks
Job Objective: Standardization, followed by automation, of financial and regulatory reporting templates.
- Develop deep understanding of financial reporting in banks across jurisdictions (UK, Europe, US; eg FINREP) if that is not already the case. Mastery of financial reporting requirements for banks in Pakistan is assumed
- Develop deep understanding of regulatory reporting requirements for banks across geographies (Pakistan, UK, Europe, US) via Pillar 3 reports and submissions to the regulator (where available). This will include exhaustive analysis of templates such as CAR of SBP, COREP, CCAR, etc
- Write reports on comparison between reporting requirements (both financial and regulatory) across different jurisdictions
- Creation of standardized templates for financial and regulatory reporting that are applicable across jurisdictions (ie creation of superset of requirements)
- Support the automation of the above templates. This work will be carried out by programmers but supervision of the completeness and authenticity of the templates will be required.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
Education: Minimum B.Com, preferred M. Com (with banking)
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in a bank or accountancy firm
- With some or most of this experience related to either reporting (internal or external) or audit
- Development of periodic reports for management and regulatory bodies (eg CAR)
- Extensive knowledge of accounting
- Mastery of general ledger/financial statements, financial reporting in a bank
- Good understanding of annual reports of banks
- Strong familiarity with CAR or other regulatory reports
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of risk management and financial capital planning and stress testing (desirable).