ElementaryLogics is looking for Senior DevOps Engineers for its Lahore office. This is a hands-on technical position. The ideal candidates must have prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. You must possess a high standard of excellence, solid written and verbal communication skills, have a strong customer focus, and be capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems. You should be either a software developer with some experience and knowledge as a system administrator, or possibly a system administrator with some experience and knowledge as a programmer.
As an AWS DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture, and the general application functionality used to maintain data integrity.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- Identify automation opportunities to improve DevOps operations
- Review architecture and offer recommendations for improvements
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across multiple platforms (dev/test/prod)
- Embrace continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes
- Collaborate with development and infrastructure teams to ensure new environments meet requirements
- Identify and document IT best practices that will improve the systems deployment function
- Provide status updates of assigned tasks in projects and feedback to peers and appropriate managers.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps or provisioning environments, deploying applications, and maintaining infrastructures
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs.
- You should be equally comfortable in a traditional datacenter setting.
- Proficient in high level script languages (Python and/or Ruby) as well as script environments like bash
- Deep experience administering Linux (Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts. Puppet experience is highly desired, both master based and headless. Bonus points for experience with Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools for network, server, and application status (Zenoss, Sensu, Nagios, Graphite, Collectd, Ganglia, etc.)
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2Factor)
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL and MySQL). Bonus points for NoSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase, Mongo)
- A desire to automate yourself out of a job. We will always have new challenges and problems to solve.
- Understanding of ITIL terminology like incident and problem.
- Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes
Bonus to have
- Certified Amazon Partner with Valid ID
- One or more AWS certifications