KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
To maximize revenues through its e-commerce channel and ensure that its online technical and consumer programs incorporate the latest industry developments.
1. To develop and implement e-commerce strategy to maximize revenue and ensure the
highest standard of customer service
2. To manage, develop and care for the team responsible for e-commerce sales, fulfilment and
3. To set the strategic direction for, oversee and co-ordinate all e-commerce.
4. To be the final decision maker, in consultation with the line Director, for cross e-commerce
5. To manage the relationship with the e-commerce platform provider.
6. To work with BM Information Systems and the support development of system improvements.
7. To ensure that the e-commerce activity is consistent with the ethics of the company.
8. To ensure that the e-commerce elements on the web site are fully functional at all times and meet
9. To identify industry best practice and recommend where appropriate application.
1. Annual e-commerce financial targets for company are met.
2. The e-commerce function is maximizing its market potential.
3. E-commerce activity is fully integrated and appears seamless to Website users.
4. New market opportunities are identified developed and market entry plans are managed.
5. Appropriate promotional and communication programmes are planned and executed in a timely manner.
6. Company Image is maximizing revenue potential and different customer’s needs are being fully met.
7. Ensure that the appearance and functionality of the e-commerce element of the web site is of a
continuously high standard.
8. Oversee the fulfilment of goods and services ordered via the e-commerce channel and ensure high level of customer satisfaction and business efficiency.
1. Strong business skills evidenced by a business qualification or track record of managing similar businesses.
2. Technical understanding of information and web based systems evidenced through qualifications or
previous management experience.
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Sound, up-to-date working knowledge of relevant legislation and best practice affecting the e-Commerce
1. Ability to directly lead and develop a small business unit and manage growth.
2. Authority and flexibility in coordinating and influencing activities across a complex organization.
3. Ability to develop strategy and manage its implementation.
4. Project management skills with an ability to see things through to completion in a challenging
5. Customer focus and the ability to look at operations from the customer’s perspective.