When people ask what it’s like to work at ENCODERZ, there is no easy answer. The diversity of people and projects varies tremendously. People here are both thinkers and doers. They come from a multitude of backgrounds and have a multitude of expertise that bridges disciplines and spans industries—including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, finance, and many others. This extraordinary collection of talent—analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical—is what makes working at ENCODERZ a unique experience. It’s also what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity, we are always able to orchestrate and customize each client engagement to ensure a positive balance between emotional experiences for consumers and economic benefits for clients. So, if you’re asking, “What is it like to work at frog?” our answer is, “What do you want to do?” There are plenty of opportunities to get engaged.
The Position: Senior Web Developer
The Senior Web Developer is primarily responsible for client-side web application software implementation and delivery through coding, unit testing, systems integration, defect resolution, and technical documentation. Some responsibilities include:
- Programming of software components or modules and/or binding of UI/presentation, logic/middleware, and/or backend/data services tiers in the web software application stack.
- Leading the triage, analysis, and problem-solving efforts in collaboration with software architects for technical design problems or challenges discovered during the software engineering process.
- Collaborating closely with designers to express design assets and artifacts in the form of presentation layer code, interactive prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, and/or UI/presentation-layer components and templates.
- Providing relevant subject matter expertise in one or more domains leading to UI/presentation layer architecture recommendations and/or design integration support to help ensure the intended user experience is successfully translated into the engineered software.
To be considered, candidates must show web UI and application development experience and have professional experience in delivering commercial solutions with the following:
- Modern web standards with HTML5, CSS3 [LESS preferred], SVG, and related
- Server-side web application frameworks (Node, Express, ASP.NET, Meteor, others)
- Data communication patterns and protocols between client and server with both standard XHR with RESTful APIs and high-performance bi-directional WebSockets
Success in this role means success in delivering results through team work and a relentless focus on what’s best for frog. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into ENCODERZ every work day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence affairs for the better and that in turn you will stand to reap the rewards both financially and professionally that your contribution merits.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
6+ years professional experience designing and developing user interfaces for web software applications on various technology platforms and frameworks.
- Expert-level implementation ability and detailed design knowledge of web applications & cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of CMS like WordPress will be a Plus
- Consistently demonstrating strong leadership/communication skills
- Leading web software feature design, code architecture, and implementation efforts
- Serving as the primary technical contact with clients and 3rd parties as necessary
- Mentoring junior developers and other staff members (where appropriate)
- Participating in project scoping and estimation tasks
- Developing best practices for appropriate practice groups
- Creating technology-centric case studies
- Participating in business development activities
- Ideal candidates will have a recent work portfolio of successful web application releases and can demonstrate a passion for current visual and interaction design technology trends and best practices related to modern web application development.