Grade: VII Location: Plant Site Bhalwal
Manager Direct Report to: GM Plant
Purpose of the Job: Engineering Manager is responsible for the Engineering department including (Electrical, Instrument, Power House and Filling & Packing section) at Plant He will be primarily responsible for Asset care of Process and utilities electrical equipment and ensure they are maintained appropriately. As Management team member, he will be co-responsible for plant deliverables – Productivity, Safety, Quality, Environment, and sustainability. He will lead all the plant-based capital projects related to electrical and instruments as well. He will strive his best to achieve plant KPI’s – Reduction of breakdowns through MTTR / MTBF approach, achieve best in class Maintenance spending, Spend allocated capital on time, and achieve inventory reduction in spare parts stores.
Key Responsibilities & Duties: In which the job must deliver in order to successfully meet its purpose.
- Devise the strategy for the site for preventive/predictive maintenance based on business needs and budgets available. Maintain the equipment in such a condition that quality/safety standards are maintained. Ensuring the maximum efficiency from all equipment and services by means of preventative, predictive maintenance. Track and report Preventive/predictive maintenance compliance. Action plan for deviations in Maintenance compliance.
- Controlling all engineering costs within agreed budget and strive for the reduction of maintenance costs. Apply best practices for maintenance Budget control.
- Preparing the capital budget for capital projects and engineering expense. Make Long range capital plan, Preparation of Capital requests, Execution of all plant engineering projects from the start to completion.
- Responsible for Power station / HV/ MV station. Ensure uninterrupted power supply through proper preventive / Predictive maintenance techniques.
- Comply with all legal requirements related to safety and occupational health including but not limited to Periodic inspections of Plant Power system, Instrumentation, Filling and packing and electrical systems. • Manage Upgrades in equipment, Plan and implement annual shutdowns.
- Work closely with the supply chain to Identify and award AMCs for various equipment and services.
- Managment of machine spare parts, maintain Inventory of all spare parts used in the plant. Review inventory levels on the periodical basis and ensure the spares are available on time.
- Training & development for engineering staff are put into effect and continuously reviewed, revised and maintained. Provide training to new hires and existing employees on various engineering functions and process as needed.
- Facilitate contact and liaison with foreign suppliers for Equipment efficiency-related issues, tooling, spare parts etc.
- Develop local service contractors with close coordination of supply chain and manage contractors effectively at the site.
- Lead team in operating with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors.
Key Relationships: Internal
- Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Finance, HCM, Corporate, Utility Dept.
- WAPDA, SNGPL and related regulatory authorities.
Qualification: BSc/BE Electrical Engineering (Preference will be given to those who have done DAE Electrical before engineering)
- 10 to 15 years of professional and progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a food manufacturing facility preferably in the dairy industry.
- Possess vast experience of technical staff management, strong skills involving coordination of cross-functional teams
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices
- Solid project management, manufacturing process knowledge, utilities and engineering skills
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies
- Process Control knowledge, electrical knowledge, strong Mechanical Aptitude, familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Prepare process designs, equipment specifications and capital estimates for process upgrades, modifications to existing systems and installation/commissioning of new assets
- Provide methods, equipment recommendations and standard operating practices to optimize processes and meet product specifications.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Extensive project management planning and oversight experience
- Computer Skills including: Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project.
Leadership Framework: Foster Competetive Intensity Inspire the Organization Develop & Execute Strategy Create an Inclusive Culture Embrace & Lead the Change
Personal attributes/ Competencies:
- Able to work under stress, deliver initiatives on time. Ability to prioritize workload based upon the plant requirements and objectives.
- Good coordination skill and follow-up skill. Successful track record in man management in combination with the proven record of task achievement
- Be creative and proactive contributor on the management team, focused on identifying opportunities to continue improvement
- Problem-solving & total quality skills. Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - SMED, Kaizen 5S, Structured Problem Solving, TPM, Six Sigma etc.
- Training and coaching
Others: Driving License (etc)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee might need to perform other related duties to meet the demands of the business.