The X-RAY Technician will perform the following duties & any other duties assigned to him by the Radiologist or I/C of the unit to whom he is directly responsible
· Will perform his duties according to the duty roster & orders.
· Will maintain cleanliness & orderliness of the unit through other health workers.
· Will ensure that film is used before expiry date & keeps stock rotated so that oldest film is used first.
· Will maintain X-Ray plant in perfect functioning condition. Cleans & greases it & watches for problems.
· Will keep medico-legal X-rays films under lock & key & properly cared for.
· Will remain on call during off duty hours if unit is single handed.
· Will assist & cooperate with other health workers.
· Will operate X-ray machine as required by radiologist, MO I/C.
· Will adjust X-ray machine to correct setting for each exposure. Positions & instruct patients & determines proper voltage & power supply required.
· Will arrange & adjust restrain & supportive devices (e.g. Sand bags, binders, angle boards) to obtain the desired position of patients.
· Will adjust lead sheets to protect other parts of patient’s body from exposure to X-rays.
· Will place exposed films & patients identification slip in to wall safe for processing by dark room attendant.
· Will wear protective clothing & will take all other safety precautions in performance of his duty.
· Will prepare & administer barium-sulphate drinks to patients according to standard procedures required.
· Will give I/V injection of dye for special X-rays under the supervision of the doctor on duty.
· Will put the developed films before radiologist for opinion & record the opinion on film cover.
· Will maintain stock register of films, equipment & machinery. Will keep film expense register & daily attendance register up to date.
· Will maintain record of all receipts cash & their disbursement.
· Will collect used films & developing/fixing solutions for disposal or auction by competent authority.
Business process outsourcing (BPO) contains the transmission of processes along with the connected operational activities and responsibilities, to a third party with at least a guaranteed equal service level and where the client contains a solid grip over the, activities of the vendor for mutual lon ...Read More