About Us Excelsious is a business outsourcing company for today’s agile, technology driven and fast growing small and medium enterprises. It was founded by a group of experienced finance and business management professionals who previously worked at senior positions with the leading consulting and outsourcing firms. We are an early stage startup, currently in the process of launching our online/SAAS products and apps. About you As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be in the driver’s seat for our website, email newsletters, advertising and other digital touchpoints that represent our brand. You will be specifically responsible for the following tasks:
- Copywriting: You will be the wordsmith of our team. Technical team may put placeholder copy, but you will be responsible for all of the final copy - whether on website, app, social profiles, newsletter etc. writing compelling headlines and solid content, based on technical information provided by the team. Write any collateral, including whitepapers, surveys and market research.
- Blog and Content Development. You will oversee the company blog, leading our overall marketing and brand communication via publishing to our blog and other digital "hot spots" (Reddit, Hacker News, Quora, Stumble Upon). Reaching out to opinion makers: bloggers, editors and influencers in your niche to generate awareness in potential markets.
- Develop collateral and manage newsletter: You will evelop collateral in the form data sheets, white papers, customer case study/testimonials and take charge of sharing that information with the customers and prospects. Setup and manage an email list to share relevant content with customers and prospects.
- Manage social media identity: You will setup social media management tools to manage our social presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and follow relevant search strings and #s on to engage with the existing and potential customers. Participate in relevant conversations and contribute to your community with original, relevant and useful content.
- SEO and Google Adwords: You will lead SEO effort with clear matrices and plan and launch google adword campaigns. Setup and track key metrics using Google Analytics and conduct AB tests on the website (use Google Experiments and Optimizely). Find affordable sources of traffic with positive ROI. Create/manage all PPC campaigns (Google, FB, Tw, StumbleUpon, Reddit, LinkedIN).
- Track metrics: You will immediately start tracking whatever customer interactions are relevant to your business (web visitors, web contact requests, downloads, etc) so you can measure over time. More specifically, track and measure interactions on your web site (Google Analytics).
Sound like enough to keep you busy and motivated? Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a marketing role in B2B software or services industry. Experience of technology Startup is a plus.
- Experience of bringing brand/product ideas to life on company websites. Specific experience keeping a website up-to-date via WordPress and managing outside designers and other contractors.
- Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills (speaking and visual design).
- Proven track record for managing online communities and creating positive and successful community engagements.
- Detail-oriented with high attention to fact checking and accurate dissemination of information.
- Specific understanding and interest in the evolution of digital marketing and especially content marketing.
- Expertise with marketing automation platforms for managing demand generation efforts.
- Successful track record of using email and other lead nurture tactics to facilitate pipeline advancement.
- Ability to report on common lead generation analytics, program effectiveness, ROI, etc.
- Aptitude, interest and experience in using social channels for brand or product marketing and experience of social media management tools
- Excitement and ability to thrive in a fast-paced real-time startup environment
- For all of the above areas, an appreciable level of preparedness to discuss how you have driven execution, or why your related experiences and passion are enough to make you successful