eZhire is an on-demand car rental app, that gets the car rental delivered right to the center with a tap on the mobile app. We are changing the way people get their car rentals. eZhire offers an efficient, convenient and elegant way to rent a car.
Evolving and eradicating the conventional ways of renting cars.
Saving people, the time and hassle, giving them the freedom to go wherever they want, when they want, making places more accessible and opening up more possibilities.
What We’re Looking For
A self-starter: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership/car rentals/booking sites and cabs. You’ll need the intellectual firepower to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how eZhire is better alternative and can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at eZhire depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
We want a developer to convert and extend our existing hybrid Ionic mobile app to native Android Mobile App, so we need an experienced Android mobile developer who can work on his own from scratch to develop the app and who can provide support and train our existing engineers after development. The engineer’s responsibilities are as following
• Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
• Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization Skills
• Expert level in the JAVA programming language
• Experience with the KOTLIN will be and added advantage
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as Material Design.
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• A knack for benchmarking and optimization
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and TFS.
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Must have 4 years of a university degree
• Must have 5+years of hands-on experience with building Android applications
• Must have a couple of live apps on google store
• Must know the best UI/UX design practices based on different screen sizes
• Experience with Google Maps
• Worked on building real-time applications
• Extensive knowledge of OOP and Software Design patterns
• Implemented best coding practices in JAVA
• Consume JSON based restful API
• Should be aware of the security vulnerabilities of the application
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a big plus
• Having a working experience on the Scrum
• Having a working experience on the Scrum
The position is based in Karachi Pakistan.