• Responsible for the overall systems architecture, module development, scalability, reliability, and performance.
• Managing, training and mentoring the rest of engineering team on complex technical issues.
• Lead all technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a lookout for new technologies and works well with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
• Construct secure, scalable, and low-latency services and mobile applications.
• Development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database and application, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
• Read and Evaluate existing code base and evolve around existing systems. Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
REQUIRMENTS: • Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. • 4+ years experience in software development. • Strong knowledge of Python (Django) or PHP (Laravel 5). • Familiarity with the limitations of Python (Django/DRF) or PHP (Laravel 5) as a platform and its workarounds.
• Knowledge in payment gateway integration. • Extensive knowledge of OOP and Software Design patterns. • Knowledge of SQL and experience designing database schemas (we use MySQL). • Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures. • Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git. • Experience with messaging technology (Email, SMS) is a plus
The position is based in Karachi, Pakistan.