Software testing is at the heart of quality assurance and a critical element in the solution delivery process. Professionals within the testing specialty focus on the use of methodologies and techniques as well as tools and technologies. As a tester you will contribute to the development, delivery and maintenance of technology-based business solutions.
- Ensure that the acceptance criteria for user stories are testable, and developing test cases based on those criteria
- Perform testing/validation of newly/previously released systems
- Perform development, integration, test and documentation of test framework
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends
- Investigate and analyze unique or customer-related issues relating to test failures
- Participate and support development pilots during the initial phases of all projects as required
- Employ Agile test tracking tools to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice for agile software testing
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
- Guide team to adhere to agile based test standards, tools and best practices and maintain test process documentation
- Interface with customers, vendors, and all company departments to resolve technical and quality problems
- Analyze test requirements, and design and execute tests.
- Typical tests may include system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, technical architecture testing, security testing and test automation,
- Develop, update and maintain testing standards and procedures,
- Record problems and issues in accordance with the project's problem and issue management plans,
- Work with the application team and/or client to resolve any issues that arise in the testing process.