Far Eastern Impex (Pvt) Ltd is one of the renowned supplier of food ingredients in Pakistan, working since 1959 in food industry, representing number of multinational companies in Pakistan, actively looking for a “Taxation Officer” for our Head Office -KARACHI.
As a Taxation officer you would be responsible for all the matters related to income tax, sales tax and corporate affairs of the company. Verification of all the income/sales tax receipt and payment and filing of monthly return is mandatory. Also responsible for monthly reconciliation of all the ledgers and subsidiary ledgers related to the income and sales tax. In addition, responsible for preparing all the details required at the time of annual audit and subsequently for filing of income tax return.
Responsible for all the correspondence with tax consultant in regards to income tax, sales tax, corporate affairs, regulatory matters, audit of sales tax, audit of with-holding tax etc.
As a taxation, you'll need to:
· Reparation/Submitting of Monthly Sales tax return including (Computation, Sales, Local Purchase, Import Purchase, and sorting allowable tax credits as per sales tax act.
· Prepared of weekly withholding tax vendor withholding challans.
· Filling Monthly Withholding statement u/s 165 and 149 on IRIS (FBR).
· Filling and declared changes in SECP as and when required.
· Planning Tax saving strategies, work jointly with tax consultants for tax saving and compliance of the company direct tax matters.
· Obtaining exemption certificates for payments: exemption u/s 153 and exemption u/s 148 of the income tax ordinance.
· Ensure timely communication of all Budget and random changes to income tax law which affects organization.
· Provide Supports for preparation of statutory tax working to consultant and liaison with auditors for tax audits, review of Tax position summary and providing the same to external audit.
· Prepare Schedule of advance income tax statement, Ensure compliance of quarterly tax return (advance tax return under section. 147 of income tax Ordinance, 2001).
· Review Yearly income tax return for onward submission to federal board of revenue/ Keep tracks of orders / Notifications / SRO issued during the month for changes in rate of taxes and updating system on regular basis.
· Ensure maintenance of 100% documentation of tax challans (evidence of tax deducted by vendors as well as customer) required to be maintained under income tax Ordinance, 2001.
· Prepare for refund documentation support to take up refund verification exercise. Support in Internal audit of areas pertaining to direct tax.
· Handling random queries from regional tax planning, compliance and accounting teams.
· Ensure compliance of notices / order issued by Federal or Provincial authorities by compilation / extraction of data, review, providing them to tax consultant and resolving their queries with in short deadline of notices / orders.
· MBA (Finance), CA (part qualified, qualified)
· Analytical Thinking , Interpersonal Skills
· Numerical skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of experience in similar job.
NUMBER OF POSITION: One
POSITION IS BASED: KARACHI
AGE BRACKET: 30-35 yrs.
PERKS: Market competitive salary plus benefits will be offered to right candidate
Last Date to Apply: 30-Nov-18