Organization Profile and background
Farmers’ Integrated Development Association (FIDA) is a People-Centered Not-for- Profit Non-Governmental Organization working for Sustainable Rural Livelihoods, Food Security and Safety, Climate Change Adaptation and Human Institutional Development. FIDA directly engages with communities, implements Integrated Sustainable Rural Development and promotes citizen Participation in rural governance combined with sustainable development solutions through 'rights-based participatory development approach.
The position is located in the Farmers’ Integrated Development Association (FIDA) Head Office in the District, Vehari, South Punjab.
What We Offer
- A multicultural work environment where differences are accommodated
- A continuous learning cultures
- Innovative and creative work practices
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fair pay and attractive benefit packages
- Working with an organizational philosophy that “Empower people to Empower Others”
The incumbent will directly be supervised by the Manager Programmes.
- Facilitate experimentation, participatory learning by doing and training on plants disease and insect pest management, integrated weed management, integrated soil fertility management, Farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
- Woman Open School (WOS) establishment for participatory learning, training and experimentation
- Trainings facilitated on specific crop related issues through WOS
- Field based WOS action plans developed
- Contribute in WOS extension materials development
Tasks and responsibilities
- Organize and mobilize female farmers into groups, and / or use existing Community Organizations for this purpose, for establishment of Woman Open Schools for participatory learning and trainings on specific crop production and quality related issues.
- Provide support and facilitate female farmer groups in introduction and establishment of Village Food Facility practices and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and post harvest handling and marketing of high value horticultural products;
- Field based WOS actions plans developed
- Contribute to WOS extension and training materials development
- Develop and organize crop based WOS and implement all WOS stages and components with regular field follow-up and interaction with participants;
- The WOS facilitator works directly with farmers (female), and help them discover important concepts/ issues in crops farming through practical learning.
- Conduct awareness-raising meetings to introduce the WOS concept, identify the female farmers and learning site/ sites;
- Contribute to the development of training curricula and facilitate training of female farmers through season long WOS.
- Assist in establishment of demonstration/learning sites to run WOS, arrange for Field days/exhibitions, exposure/ exchange visits.
- Report progress of the WOS and demonstrations plots activities;
- Follow up and coordinate with stakeholders including Government line agencies (Agriculture Extension) and other NGOs and Development Agencies working in the area for their contribution to the WOS sessions.
- Organize capacity development / training initiatives and other field-based activities i.e. consultative meetings, gender sensitive trainings, workshops, nutrition awareness, (market) exposure visits, monitoring visits and field days;
- Prepare and submit monthly work plan and progress reports;
- Perform any other associated duties as required by the Supervisor.
- Graduate in Social Sciences and / or Agriculture related discipline
- Minimum 03 years relevant field experience, particularly in Livelihoods, Food Security and agricultural development projects.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Good knowledge of Urdu;
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiar with FIDA procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
- Practical knowledge of Community Mobilization skills and management of Woman Open Schools.
- Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation
- Understanding of and competencies in participatory extension methods, training need assessments and development of capacity development plan