A UK based company is looking for:
Position Title: Procurement Manager
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers.
The Procurement Manager’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- A procurement manager is almost always expected to hold a Master’s degree.
- The major of the degree should be in supply management, finance, or business, or another technical field.