General Position Summary
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare cheques or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved cheque-signers for review and signature.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
- Record payment vouchers daily in the Navigator.
- Maintain a separate file of advance payment vouchers and clearance record for each staff
- Assist SFO in maintaining sufficient bank balances and notify in advance to arrange funds from HQ
- Coordinate with bank on all official matters with assistance of SFO especially on conversion, etc.
- Ensure timely filing of income/General Sales taxes on employee salaries and vendors as well as calculation and payments of EOBI
- Ensure to assist in internal and external audits in providing vouchers to the auditors
- Ensure proper filing of accounting records and prepare monthly financial package for HQ
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations in Navigator for all bank accounts and prepare weekly physical cash counts reconciled with Navigator balances
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to organization and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Reports Directly To: Sr. Finance Officer
Works Directly With: Finance Manager & Finance Officer
Knowledge and Experience
- One or more years of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience preferably with development sector
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Maintain partner correspondence files
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason
We are an equal employment opportunity employer