This position will be responsible for the following functions:
• Under the guidance and supervision of Chief Financial Officer, approve grant expenditures, track grant balances and develop budgets for different activities in the project.
• Reconcile monthly financial statements for projects and prepare monthly financial report.
• Track financial activities by reviewing and approving activity expenses, and ensure that activities are accurately recorded and completed within the approved budget.
• Provide support in developing budgets for various expenditures and financial proposals
• Record and process all payments, donations and deposits, and reconcile it, if and when necessary.
• Oversee payroll of the project staff and submit timesheets to the Finance department, while providing feedback relating to the staff’s time allocated to programs and activities.
• Coordinate audit activities for the project and for other areas in the organization.
• Participate in preparing audit report and provide information and access to accounting records as required.
• Maintain financial and accounting database along with budgets and contract files for donors and other relevant stakeholders and general recordkeeping.
• Contribute in ensuring that appropriate financial and accounting procedures are followed in the organization, and improve and streamline the organization’s financial and operating policies and procedures.Required qualification/ experience: Postgraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience in financial management, ideally in development sector or an international not-for-profit organization.