- Manage a team of call center agents.
- Be available to affect the entirety of the team’s operations.
- Motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep agentsaware of inbound calls, calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Take calls that your agents can’t handle and be available when an agent appears to need assistance.
- Manage by walking around. Be visible to answer questions.
Being available to affect the entirety of the team’s operations differentiates a supervisor from senior management. To effectively build call center culture, the supervisor is responsible for “on-the-floor” activities, and must be available to assist agents while they are “on-the-floor.” Senior management has a role that involves less floor time.