We are looking for a Project Manager, success in this role requires a candidate who is a self-directed problem solver and hands-on participant in moving software delivery activities forward by removing impediments to success.
You must be passionate about developing a contextual understanding of your work, and will actively learn about our industry, processes, and systems.
You must be an enabler, roadblock remover, auditor, schedule/task driver, status reporter, process and methodology champion, risk assessor, and force multiplier.
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination of web and mobile apps developments
- Engage across multiple technology delivery teams, business units, stakeholders, infrastructure teams, vendors, and other supporting parties to ensure software development initiatives are delivered successfully to meet strategic goals and business requirements
- Must have software development experience of Web and Mobile Apps
- Facilitate the meeting cadence and deliverables of multiple system development life cycle methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and DevOps where appropriate
- Good skills in complete SDLC
- Discussing and follow up sprints with team members & ensuring their engagement
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, sprints, project schedules and work hours
- Good in using project management and engagement tools
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assist delivery team leadership in developing accurate estimates, resource allocations, and timelines for software development initiatives
- Assess project risks, issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Facilitate ongoing prioritization, planning, and task allocation of software development resources to help ensure the accurate, timely delivery of committed development tasks by proactively communicating risks and necessary tradeoffs
- Enforce standards for functional requirements, technical designs, and test results to ensure that development deliverables and activities adhere to organizational guidelines.
- Assist delivery team leadership in fixing project discrepancies, overlaps, stalled workflows, and other issues due to internal roadblocks or unforeseen external setbacks.
- Collect and analyze project status and metrics, and communicate project health to stakeholders
- Assist delivery team leadership in planning upcoming software development initiatives
- Developing project strategies
- Determining project changes, undertaking project tasks as required
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in a custom software development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / information systems
- PMP Certification
- Recent experience with direct hands-on project management of IT projects directly interacting with software development teams
- Experience with both Agile/Scrum and Waterfall system development life cycle methodologies
- Experience in facilitating meetings and documenting meeting minutes
- Experience collecting and reporting on project status and metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to enable and motivate project teams
- Comfort in engaging with senior-level business leadership as well as software development staff
- Hands-on development of planning/management deliverables
- Hands-on usage of Project Management and Work Item Tracking tools such as Atlassian Jira, Microsoft Project, and TFS
- Experience developing estimates, resource allocations, and timelines
- Skills in diagramming and flowcharting utilizing tools such as Visio or Lucid Charts
- Working knowledge of SQL, PHP, Codeigniter, Laravel, React JS or other programming languages/concepts
- Experience with managing projects involving any of the following concepts: EDI and other data transfer technologies, Service-Oriented Architecture or Microservices, User experience/interface of client-facing web applications.
- Superior planning, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
Strong communication and presentation skills utilizing tools such as PowerPoint