Gaditek is searching for a Lead Software Engineer PHP who wishes to grow in a high-performing DevOps environment. Our ideal candidate is a process-focused individual that leverages his expertise for building and managing applications that benefit our users. Above all, we are looking for team builders who are excited to work in a fast-paced and highly rewarding cross-functional environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead highly-driven professional teams responsible for planning, deploying and maintaining mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Be responsible for developing components that combine together to solve real-world problems.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates and work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and other cross-departmental stake-holders to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
- Work with proven and emerging technologies to continuously improve our products and platforms.
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless. implementation of existing and new systems.
- Consistently improve your skills by learning, experimenting with new solutions and technologies. Once you have acquired a new skill, you will then transfer your skills to your team.
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives.
WHAT GADITEK OFFERS YOU
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in at least two languages: Python, GoLang, PHP, etc.
- Experienced in working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across: UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery.
- Experience with data engineering and analytics technologies, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Has a proven track record of working in a dedicated DevOps environment and an appreciation of the DevOps culture.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Passionate about learning new technologies and implementing high-value software solutions.
In-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and technologies (such as Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory)
- Worked on at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean are preferred).
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, microservices. Knowledge of enabling tools such as Kubernetes will be a plus point.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- Good understanding of agile methods.