To lead, organize, and optimize all phases of plant operations including: primary processing, production, engineering, maintenance, materials, quality assurance and product warehousing. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep, OH & Safety of plant and improvements. In addition the position is responsible for annual budget planning and execution. The position works closely with core teams to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation of Footwear Division. Also, responsible to closely work on research and development of new products (items) as per export & import machinery specs finalization.
· To ensure that all work order execution as per sales forecast / projections / exports from Planning department, thoroughly understand its execution for further course of action
· To liaison with other department for any clarification in change of plan or deviation and ensure timely arrival of required Raw Material / technical machine as per production plan.
· Ensure that all of core teams work 100% conform to the production plan given for production and in no case deviate from the plan. If there are any unforeseen deviations, play leadership role to guide for solution without causing material and wastages.
· To monitor quarterly plan and ensure smooth production as per sales plan & review, analyze for best advice / guide line to core teams on received sample from export / planning
· To provide best technical advice on mold, engineering, shoe process or the development of new production / sample as per marketing or export plan & Keep abreast with new development techniques & methodologies in the field.
· Review and critically analyze daily productivity and wastage reports and provide guidance for more effectiveness in plan operations in light of review meetings with Production Team / core team to discuss productivity reports for giving further directions on production activities.
· To provide guidance and advise production team / core teams to take corrective measures whenever targets are not achieved or wastage exceeds to acceptable limits Make surprise visits to floor to monitor workers activities and productivity & housekeeping as well as OH & Safety
· To guide and coach teams on wastage control methods and their implementation with true letter and spirit with acceptable quality (AQL).
· To ensure & monitor and check detail analysis and remarks on monthly performance in terms of productivity, quality and wastage control and report to management when required. Responsible to utilize and motivate team so that delays, conflicts and inefficiency should be reduced to achieve goals in successful manner. Manage concerned employees issues with respect to leave, attendance, transfer, posting, behavior, loan, advances etc. to ensure their full productivity.
· To ensure yearly HR Budgeting of manpower need as per ongoing project & coordinate with Human Resource in hiring process by sourcing of executive hiring through local sources.
· To work closely with the Management Team for close monitoring of ongoing projects to ensure financial management aspects and close projects with in time lines and within budget without creating extra cost on projects
· To update Management on projects completion and update in case of any unforeseen delay due to 5Ms (Manpower, Method, Material, Machine, Money)
· To ensure to align core teams as per laid down SOPs and update safety plans as per OH & Safety policy. Revisit existing SOPs and update new SOPs in line with production requirements and update in production SOP manual.
· To monitor the performance of core team through KPI evaluations and keep them on track by coaching , counselling and mentoring sessions. Revise KPIs of Production Staff at the start of every quarter by keeping in loop Human Resources Department / Human Resources. Do timely performance evaluation of subordinates on quarterly basis in coordination with Human Resources Department.
· Ensure Proper Training & Development of the Production Staff wherever & whenever needed through performance appraisal and TNA and liaison with Human Resources Department for execution of TNA (Training Need Assessment) plan. Developing Production staff through formal and informal coaching, counseling & mentoring sessions. Work on Succession Planning & do final (technical) selection interview of staff needed to be hired in department.