- Identify potential new large customers and develop appropriate account plans
- Service existing accounts with a high level of customer service
- Negotiate distributor contracts
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers at various organizational levels
- Drive business growth in line with GP lubricants’ strategic direction.
- Ensure creative and messaging tone is consistent with GP product strategy and values.
- Identify and manage required vendors to execute the marketing communications plan.
- Be accountable for presenting results.
- Conduct research and evaluation of vendor solutions and manage relationships.
- Recruit and motivate team of highly skilled marketing professionals.
- Grow General Petroleum (GP) share of business with existing customers
- Expand new distributor partnerships when necessary
- Learn and operate within the parameters of the account-based sales process
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments and best practices.
- Expertise defining project goals, scope, approach, and overall task plan including providing clarity on critical path tasks.
- Communicate with clients in a thoughtful and impactful manner that helps foster strong relationships. Serve as the internal central point of communication around project status, timelines, and risks.
- Ensure project tasks are completed on time and within scope.
- Motivate team members to action; identify common themes, make inferences and draw conclusions.
- Create a sense of belonging and ownership among team members; assemble a team with the right mix of skills; coach and motivate team members; delegate responsibility; promote mutual support and interaction.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact with senior management
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
5 or more years of Lubricant sales experience
Experience selling through an associate or distributor network is preferred
Graduation or Above
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of lubricant product line and applications with a mechanical aptitude or interest
- Computer literacy to ensure efficient communication and maintenance of accounts; experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to incorporate technical expertise and industry understanding to execute major components of the strategy
- Strong focus on customer needs, with an ability to deal effectively with customers at various levels, including field operations, area supervisors, maintenance personnel and senior management
- Strong consultative selling skills, with an ability to comfortably and confidently write and deliver presentations