This position will be responsible for the following functions:
• Training local communities on weather data collection, usage of maps, equipment and communication systems including Thuraya phones etc
.• Assist in managing Hazard Vulnerable Risk Assessment (HVRA), Mitigation and Investigation Study and snow avalanche preparedness and reporting.
• Collect and analyze data collected from the field.
• Identify, investigate and map all the threatening and vulnerable sites as well as different elements at risk according to HVRA methodology on the basis of geographic, physiographic and social and scientific clues.
• Design and update assessment tools and carry out the assessment of specific sites.
• Identify, prioritize and select the hazard sites for mitigation, resources for structural mitigation and assess their capacity.
• Monitor the mitigation project to ensure the implementation with respect to time schedule, designs and costs.Required qualification/ experience: Post Graduate degree in Geology, Earth Sciences or related discipline with at least 2 to 3 years’ of experience in HVRA methodology.